NOSHSA is the National Outside School Hours Services Association. Established in 1993 NOSHSA is an alliance of the peak Out of School Hours Services Associations in each State and Territory in Australia. NOSHSA is committed to Out of School Hours Services, their children and the families who use the services. There is no individual membership. The members are the individual peak bodies for Out of School Hours Services in each State and territory.
NOSHSA is a voluntary body so all action it instigates is as a result of the actions carried out at a grassroots level by the members in the states and territories. In taking action NOSHSA must seek approval and where possible consensus with members. Where there is a diversit of views these are respected and reflected in the advocacy work undertaken by NOSHSA.
Services who are members of their State/Territory Association have a national voice on Out of School Hours Issues through NOSHSA.
- Represent the interests of the OSHC sector in Australia
- Promote OSHC as a distinct and unique service type.
- Act as an advisory and consultative body for Government.
- Lobby and Advocate for the services and service users of OSHC centres.
- Facilitate Networking between organizations and professionals with shared interests.
- Raise the Profile of OSHC in Australia.
- Analyse and Make Recommendations on Government Policy
- Promote Planning and Development within and for the sector